Employment & Auditions
Director of Communications (Full-Time Position)
Director of Communications
Starting: As soon as possible, but no later than January 3, 2022
The Director of Communications serves as a vital member of the Brevard Symphony Orchestra’s team with primary responsibilities of strategic marketing, institutional storytelling, public relations, press outreach and cultivation, social media, new audience development, patron loyalty, and retention. This position supports the Strategic Direction of Jack McAuliffe of Engaged Audiences, BSO Marketing Consultant. The Director of Communications reports directly to the Executive Director. Responsibilities include planning and executing robust and effective internal and external communications and PR plans to ensure the achievement of revenue, new audience growth, and entertainment.
The Director of Communications is responsible for supporting the Brevard Symphony Orchestra’s mission and achieving earned income, contributed revenue, and patron engagement goals through effective and engaging communications channels, including:
- All digital platforms
- Social media
- Press releases
- Video content and creation
- Website content and maintenance
- Email blasts
- Publications, including ad sales, program book, brochures, postcards, and other collateral
- Engage and manage all in-kind and paid media
- Maintaining BSO Brand Standards in all instances
- Five years of responsible experience in communications and public relations, preferably with a performing arts or cultural institution; knowledge of symphonic music a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience managing integrated social media campaigns to achieve revenue and engagement goals.
- Graphic design experience (Adobe products preferred: Photoshop, Illustrator, and/or InDesign). Examples of previous work may be requested at the interview stage of the hiring process.
- Experience with managing WordPress sites.
- Attention to detail in all areas, but specifically in writing, grammar, vocabulary, and proofreading.
- Excellent judgement and professionalism.
- Team oriented, flexible, positive, personable attitude with a willingness to learn and continually strive for excellence and improvement.
- Takes initiative and innovates, has passion and perseverance, and is self-motivated and goal-oriented.
To apply, please email a cover letter and résumé to David Schillhammer, Executive Director: firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls, please)
There are no orchestra auditions scheduled at this time.